A random assortment of greatness, here are eight things I am loving right now. Some of these products and items I have been using and enjoying for several months and others are newer, of-the-moment favorites I feel are worth sharing.
1. coconut oil: this stuff has been a summer staple for me. I’ve been using raw, organic coconut oil in my hair, on my skin and for cooking–perhaps most notably to make my favorite boneless fried chicken [a recipe I will have to get on here before too long].
2. e.l.f. shine eraser sheets: perfect for hot or active days and traveling, I always keep a pack of these in my purse. If I start to feel a little shiny–usually on my chin–I grab a sheet and blot away. Super easy, portable and for only $1 you simply can’t go wrong.
3. nail polish: after rotating through my many shades of blue, mixing in the occasion nude, I’m currently feeling the purple. I still love Revlon’s colorstay gel envy line and this shade–Up the Ante–is a fun, refreshing pop of color to switch things up.
4. silk neck-scarves: there are so many ways to tie and wear neck scarves, and it’s an easy, instant way to jazz up an outfit. They’re light enough to wear this summer and will transition flawlessly into fall. My favorite place to find silk scarves is at the thrift shop.
5. suede shorties: I recently bought a pair of these Dolce Vita booties at the Nordstrom anniversary sale and have worn them everyday since. I got the Keiton’s in black and they’re so comfortable and go with everything [outfit of choice: black skinnies and a t-shirt]. They will definitely be my go-to fall shoe.
6. maybelline fit me concealer: this drugstore concealer by maybelline does wonders. It’s perfect for covering blemishes, reducing redness and applying under-eye for even tone and brightness.
7. cold brew coffee: ordered over ice with a little room for cream, it’s an ideal kick of caffeine for these warmer months. Not to mention it’s usually less expensive and lower in calories than many of it’s coffeehouse counterparts.
8. braided detail on denim: seen here on @songofstyle I am loving this suble but beautiful twist [literally] on denim. I’m curious and hopeful that we will be seeing more of this come fall.
Are there any products, looks, foods, or accessories you have been loving lately? I always like to read your recommendations so feel free to share in the comments below!